Lorax Environmental Services Ltd. is seeking a Senior Fisheries Biologist to join our team full-time at our Vancouver, BC, office.
Lorax is a privately-owned environmental consulting company that has been providing leading-edge services to mining, hydropower, wind energy, oil and gas and government regulatory agencies globally for over 20 years. Our team includes scientists and engineers specialized in biological services, water services, geochemistry, oceanography, and climate science.
- Oversee local, national, and international projects focused on freshwater aquatic biology (fisheries, fish habitat, water quality) including environmental assessments, permitting applications and amendments, and monitoring programs.
- Analysis of environmental data, including fish and fish habitat, water quality, hydrology, tissue metal concentrations, and model components.
- Documentation of project results, conclusions, and recommendations in written reports, and presenting the results as part of regulatory processes.
- Leading interdisciplinary project teams while working collaboratively with colleagues to meet deadlines, budgets, and client expectations.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in biology (environmental-related engineering or science disciplines also considered).
- R.P.Bio. designation or eligibility.
- 10+ years of work experience in a consulting environment, with 5+ years experience leading fish habitat and population assessments.
- Excellent analytical and technical writing skills.
- Strong attention to detail, time-management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Experience with major natural resource projects (e.g., BC EAO-certified), and provincial and federal regulatory processes. Experience in the mining industry is considered an asset.
- Strong knowledge of relevant federal and provincial environmental legislation and guidance.
- Established working relationships within industry and regulatory bodies, with the commitment to ongoing development of working relationships through professionalism and high technical standards.
Please apply by sending a cover letter and CV by October 31, 2020 to:
email@example.com Reference job number 20-9602.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.